El alma que ha visto, lo mejor posible, las esencias y la verdad, deberá constituir un hombre, que se consagrará a la sabiduría, a la belleza, a las musas y al amor. Platón, Fedro o de la belleza.
Perhaps he knew, as I did not, that the Earth was made round so that we would not see too far down the road. Isak Dinesen
Sólo vemos lo que miramos. Mirar es elegir. John Berger
Y cogeré hasta el final de los tiempos, las plateadas manzanas de la Luna, las doradas manzanas del Sol. William Butler Yeats

jueves, 24 de octubre de 2013

The meaning of life


                                            "Espartacus" (1960) by Stanley Kubrick

Varinia:  You like him, don't you?
Espartaco: Who wants to fight? an animal can learn to fight.  But to sing beautiful things...and make people believe them.
Varinia: What are you thinking about?
Espartaco: I'm free. And what do I know?, I don't even know how to read. 
Varinia: You know things that can't be taught.
Espartaco: I know nothing. Nothing!! And I want to know. I want to--I want to know.
Varinia: Know what?
Espartaco: Everything. Why a start falls and a bird doesn´t. Where the sun goes at night. Why the moon change shape. I want to know where the winds comes from. 
Varinia: The winds begins in a cave. Far to the North a young God sleeps in that cave. He dreams of a girl... and he sighs...and the night wind stirs with his breath.
Espartaco: I want to know all about you. Every line...every curve. I want to know every part of you. Every beat of your heart. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario